Friday, August 27, 2010

Things you do when you're bored

I'm kind of in that "I don't care" phase of dating right now, born of boredom and lingering emotional detachment from not too distant heartbreaks. This zone is a little dangerous for me because I tend to do things that not only get me no where, but put me in danger of falling for someone who doesn't deserve it. Have any of you ever been this spot? It's really kind of weird.
Now normally I don't advocate going on the ex-boyfriend re-tread, but I seem to be doing just that. Mimbo has been calling and texting, as all of you well know. Last Sunday we went to church together, at HIS suggestion. (Please, don't fall out of your chairs..lol.. I actually do go once in a while) After Mass he asked me to hang out later on in the day. While SB and I were at brunch afterward, he kept texting, asking to meet him and his friends later. Now this was new. I've never met any of his friends. Mostly because he thinks dating is just coming over to my house. Which the rest of us know is called something else. I said to SB," Watch, this will not happen. He will call later asking to come over or me come to his place." Which is exactly what happened. I stood firm and said no. I'm not getting on that merry-go-round with him again. If he wants to see me, he can see me at some other location other than our respective residences. Since he's been at the River this week, he's been texting the entire time. Odd behavior, even for Mimbo.
This past week I decided I was ready for a boyfriend again. No more flings, no more hanging around in an ambiguous situation. Which leads me to question what the hell I'm doing dating Mimbo again as well as a 25 year old puppy. I'm under no illusion that a serious relationship is likely with either, although the 25 year old is more likely of the two. He's from the mid west and definitely not afraid of having a girlfriend. They're not crazy with dating like we are here in So Cal.
I've come to the conclusion that while I'm going to hold firm on my new decision, it's not going to stop me from being taken out so I can stay occupied. There just won't be any goodies for them. Cruel? Maybe. My prerogative? Oh definitely!

1 comment:

BikerPuppy said...

Teehee. I'm not the only one around here who likes them younger! :)