Thursday, September 2, 2010

To be or not to be.. a drama queen?

Ok, I don't know about you but every single guy I know all says the same thing: they don't like drama queens. They don't like needy chicks. They want an independent chick! If any of you are on a dating website, they all put it in the profile too.
However, don't you notice that when you get to know them that all their exes were drama queens? Hmm. They seem all excited that you're NOT like that? I used to get all puffed up about that, like, heh I'm special. He will see I'm a much better girl than the other ones he's been with! Especially since, and my ex roommate and bff Red will attest to, I'm the exact opposite. I never demand to know where my boyfriends are. I never pick fights for no reason. I'm not nosy. I don't snoop. I take care of myself just fine.
So here I impart my theory for you all to ponder: my boyfriends think I'm boring. Its not the sex, the sex is great. They get home cooked food. I'm a good girl. But I'm boring. No drama from me of any kind. Which makes me think they really DO like drama, but they don't want to admit it! Case in point, when I was with Satan, he told Red one time that he wished there WAS a little drama. WTF? So I decided recently to conduct a little social experiment.
Ok, people, I do not normally play games. Ever. I feel it's juvenile and a waste of my time. But I started to notice something, and so have a lot of my single friends. How come we normal chicks are the ones that are single and the crazy chicks are beating off dudes with a stick? There must be something I'm missing. Being the obsessive researcher and thinker that I am, I came up with a plan and deployed it 2 days ago.
I'm still talking to Mimbo. He is being a lot more communicative and in contact than he has ever been. The going to church thing really threw me. So since I'm not emotionally involved yet, he became my guinea pig. It started like this:
Tuesday he went to happy hour after playing volleyball with some other firemen he works with. I asked him why he didn't come over and go walking with me. He said he was designated driver. (I thought I wasn't laying it on thick enough so I then said this-->) "There better not be any chicks hitting on you! I'll be pissed!" Immediately he called me. I didn't pick up. Actually I was laughing while I was looking at my phone. So the frantic text messages started. "Baby, I don't like those younger chicks! You know that! I only want you!!! Only you!!".
HOLY CRAP. IT WORKED.
Since then he text messages me all day, and calls every night. Tells me I'm beautiful. Says good night and good morning EVERY DAY. In small doses does this crap actually work? Have I discovered the "missing link" of dating? Or was this specimen just particularly susceptible? Hmm. I might have to try this on someone else just to make sure, as the exception does not prove the rule obviously.
What say you, peanut gallery?

2 comments:

Red said...

It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

So who's go the ball? YOU DO!

weezermonkey said...

Most excellent experiment.

You'll have to let me know the results because I am not a game-player. Well, at least not a good one.