Sunday, August 1, 2010

I think I like this guy!

Today's article link comes from Askmen.com. Don't do it dude. I have to say I was impressed. First off, I don't read love advice columns written by women in women's magazines. Mostly because I refuse to listen to idealistic advice from someone who isn't even a guy. How can a chick understand what goes on in their heads? We can't!
All right, so on to today's subject. Ever been on a date where it went well, had a couple drinks, maybe kissed a little? You were fairly confident he would call. But he didn't. You sent out the "benefit of the doubt" text or phone call a few days later, but still nothing. What happened?
This men's advice article gave me a little bit more insight into male behavior but was cool because it didn't let the guy off the hook. Basically, it told the guy he shouldn't have had wine and made out with a chick he wasn't really into in the first place. What did he think was going to happen? So now he has to suck it up and deal that he hurt a girl's feelings. Are men that fearful of being thought of as the bad guy, that they end up becoming just that?
Now in my last post I related that I email or text that I'm just not that into someone after I go out with them. I don't like leading people on, but it's mostly because I get skeeved out if I'm not into someone and they keep contacting me. Obviously, not a completely altruistic act on my part.
I think this is good advice from the column though. If you're not that into someone don't do something that makes them think otherwise. Say that you do, what's YOUR exit strategy? Ignore calls? Maintain radio silence? Or, like one time when I was about 21, looked right into a guy's face 7 months after I'd hookd up with him and denied I'd ever met him. Yeah... ouch. I can't believe I even pulled that one off. And believe me when I say I don't think it's an accident that I'm single in my mid-30's. I'm pretty much convinced it's karmic justice.
Have you ever hooked up with someone because you were bored, horny, in a fight with your other? Maybe it was someone you never considered dating or hook up potential, and then couldn't get rid of them because they thought you liked them?
What did you do, audience? I'm dying to know   =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BikerPuppy said...

I used to hide from the phone, but now I'm just straight up with them. It makes it easier on everyone, even if you have to have that brief feeling of discomfort while you have that discussion.

Anonymous said...

Funny you post this. So, I just went on this date last night. He is handsome, funny as hell, and yes, we did kiss, and judging by the kiss I am pretty confident he would be dynamite in the sack (good lord that was such a guy thing to mutter)...
But, I honestly don't see it going long term, I didn't get too much of a sense of purpose from him though as a person I could not find anything wrong with him.
My point: I am trying to get over someone I fell really hard for and had to break it off because of his shady behavior. In the process, I am trying to distract myself with "good enough guys" who at least will make me laugh.
This is probably horrible to do, but it makes me feel liberated, unattached, and entertained. In other words, it makes me feel like most of the men I have been dating.