Sunday, October 31, 2010

New trick gets a test run

So last week was a bad week. I once heard an analogy that women should look at dating like a buffet. If that's true, last week felt like the lunch rush at Panda where everyone was in front of me and they ran out of orange chicken. You know, where there's only those over cooked tough pieces they try and sneak into your bowl without you noticing?And everyone in front of you got some of the good stuff and you didn't? That was so me the past couple of weeks.
Last night I went to MW's party. I dressed like a slutty female Indian Jones. I can proudly say it showed plenty of hooters and no one else had my costume. Success! I will be weak and say it felt good to have a lot of male attention. And after my first pint of Guinness, my normal inner ballsy self came out. I smiled directly at men. I stuck out my hand and asked their name. I danced and flirted and talked. Then I tried out a new trick I heard about, called back leading. After chatting with one of them, I said, "If I gave you my number and you called me to get coffee, I would totally say yes." Holy cow, it worked. I got three numbers last night and they're all three texting already. Apparently from an article I read recently, the fear of rejection is so fierce in men we women have no frame of reference for it. So, saying this tells them they're guaranteed a yes, thereby giving them the confidence to contact me.
Red was right when she said my lonely phase would only last a week and I would be in a different place next week. Damn I hate it when she's right!

1 comment:

Red said...

I'm alllllways right. When are you going to learn?