Monday, November 15, 2010

The drought that became a flood, that became a drought again

So after a week of bitching that I wasn't getting any attention, I was suddenly deluged with emails and texts from all over. I was getting emails from match like crazy, and my phone was blowing up. Even Mimbo came back around with some craziness about wanting to get married. (Calling his bluff by sharing some unpleasantness quickly sent him packing, though.) In the middle of all this, my good friend JT set me up with her co worker CC. We all went out for football and it was awesome. The chemistry was immediate and he asked me out for that weekend. Our date was so fun that we made plans for this weekend. I also hung out a couple times with a Customs investigator. But, since this is me we are talking about, nothing ever works out.
On date 2 with Customs guy, he "suddenly" got a call from work and told me our date was being cut short. There was an uncomfortable staring at the check, and I again had to pay for my own dinner. That's twice in two months! Afterward he didn't even walk me to my car. This is after a terrific first date just four days before.
After my date with CC, we saw each other a couple nights later for football with the group. He was affectionate with me in front of his friends and of course there was copious amounts of kissing when he walked me to my car. We solidified our plans for this weekend. Again, since this is me, so of course the plans would never happen. And they didn't. Once again, I've been stood up and flaked on.
I told Weez last week that my new nickname for myself is the One Date Wonder. Seriously. I can't get past the first date. I do GREAT first date. I get lots of communication even after the first date, but slowly a few days after the first date the guys seem to just disappear into thin air. Poof! And once again I'm left wondering, "wtf?!"
I let my Match subscription lapse. I'm back to the drought. It kind of sucks. Dateahero.com sent me an email giving me a free month, but theres not enough people on there to make it worth my while. That's also where I met Mimbo and we all know how well that worked out.
So, tonight HF is coming over to let me de-stress, if you will. To allow me to be selfish. He's good that way. I think I need to make more time for that in the coming weeks, so I can feel more in control. Clearly my self imposed abstinence in favor of "finding something special" has done nothing by slowly drive me insane. F-that. I'm going back to my old ways. Trying to walk the more traditional side of things didn't work for me. I feel more frustrated than I've ever been. My friend MD, along with Red, are of the opinion I go on a Man-fast. I can't do it. The mind and flesh are weak. Sorry, my friends.
So, thats the past couple weeks in a nutshell. Tomorrow when I see some of you, hopefully there will be a visual change in my outlook..lol..

1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

One Date Wonder?! Nah, you've had two great dates before. ;P

I am catching up with you in Guyana!