Sunday, October 10, 2010

Internet dating annoyance saved by interesting date

So now that I've been on Match for almost two months, I've noticed a trend. Gross old men like me. I think I get more winks, emails and looks from men over 47 than men my own age. I also noticed they're looking for women 25-40. And they're 50 years old! Why is this? I mentioned it to Weez the other day and she had an interesting perspective: they think they're rad and just don't care. Hmm. They clearly don't read my profile. I provide helpful hints like "have a picture, its only fair", "I like to work out and go to the gym", "if you're looking for something casual, I'm not the girl for you". Yet, I still get emails from squatty old guys, guys with no pictures, guys looking just to have some fun. Again, hmm. Don't you notice the ones with no pictures always describe themselves as "handsome, in good shape"? Really? How do we know that? If you don't have a picture you're clearly hiding something, like you're ugly...lol.. I always get these nasty old guys who think their money is going to bowl me over. Their profiles have one fuzzy pic of them with sunglasses on, and the rest are "things". Like houses. And cars. And their dog. And vacation spots. I could give a rat's ass about that stuff but my profile obviously isn't caustic enough to rule out these foolios..lol
Now, since I'm trying dating outside my type, I had a date with MM on Friday night. MM is a comic book artist. He's bald and has facial hair. Sort of along the lines of my friend Connor who I work with. The facial hair works for Connor but I don't like facial hair on men I date. Who freaking knew, but I had so much fun with MM I was out until 4am (never fear, my faithful readers, the clothes stayed on!). I haven't felt such crazy attraction for someone in a long time and it was definitely mutual. He asked me at the end, "So I think this meet and greet coffee turned into Date 1 when we went for a drink. Do you feel the same way?" Hell yes! Then he said, oh we are so going for Date 2. I think I like him. He's a total smart ass for a creative type.
Yesterday, after having next to no sleep (thanks to my cats, Nyx and Nelli) I went to lunch in Marina del Rey with Detroit. Detroit is a former NFL player from the east coast. Most would describe him as a "big goombah", but I had a nice time with him. He made is clear he's not looking to play around. Big personality (I liked it), lots of sarcasm, and old fashioned manners. When I got home, we both made it clear we were interested in seeing each other again. However, as with everything, that means absolutely nothing until they actually make the move TO see you again.
This morning I woke to a long rambling email from a Match guy. His profile and email kept stressing sensuality, passion, NEEDING attraction. Mmmhmm. Like I can't read between the lines and know what he's after!

1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

Yay for MM!

I used to never date Asian men.

Then I met my husband, and, well, now he's my husband. :)