Thursday, October 28, 2010

Enough to make me become a nun

Ok, well almost.
It's been a bad week and a half. After reappearing for a few days with constant texting, calling and mentions of date 2, MM has officially and finally gone the way of the dodo. So yeah, ouch. Last Saturday's beta male date was baaaaaaddd. And this week I have been rejected from having a relationship with someone (not dating or boning them, of course. That would be perfectly acceptable!) due to my advanced age of 36 years. Let's not mention that I was in his age range. Or that we had good conversation and he thought I was hot. After both of us decided thinking about that heavy stuff was stupid, we made a date for tomorrow, which is Friday. Today on the way home he cancelled on me because "he thought he could do this online stuff but he just can't, sorry". And oh yes, he is just so very shy. Considering he is a combat veteran I'm calling BULLSHIT.
And today I saw CK. Yep. The guy who dumped me the day before my birthday. The one who, after telling me he was too busy for a girlfriend and wanted someone to just spend time with on a regular basis, dumped me because he decided to HAVE SOMEONE ELSE AS A GIRLFRIEND. So today he sees me and says, "I'm really sorry about all that." I said, "Yeah. I was pretty pissed at you." He says, "Well I just needed to make a decision, it had been time." After a couple more questions I determined that he had already been seeing her when he met me. Its almost 9pm and my stomach is still doing flip flops. I wish I didn't still like him.
So this is where I ask the universe, "WHEN THE HELL IS IT MY TURN FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!" Lately I've pretty much felt like chopped liver. It got so bad that on Tuesday I actually went home after work and cried. Even though I felt like I needed to do it, and felt a little better the next day, I don't feel all that much better. Right now I'm just praying for peace and serenity. That's all I want. Peace to quiet my mind and heart.
Dare I say it, it might be time to find a new booty call. In the past I found that when distracted by casual interaction on a regular basis, I maintain much better control.
What do I do, fair readers? Let myself go over the edge of sanity? Or pull myself back from the brink with the attentions of someone less than worthy? Maybe I'll meet a likely candidate at the Mayan Warrior's Halloween party on Saturday, where I'm certain to drink away my recent pain..lol...
I'll be waiting for your answers...    *wink

2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

It sounds like it's time for one of your "puppies" to fill the void temporarily!

Red said...

I hear you sweetie...it's hard to deal with the disappointment over and over again. I had a rough week too. I think getting yourself a "puppy" would be a good distraction!