Saturday, October 23, 2010

The ebb and flow

So that old adage of feast or famine, drought or flood comes to mind. MM is in San Diego for the weekend and I had to let go HF. HF told me his ex has been sniffing around and wanting to get back with him. I just can't go there. I will not compete with a another woman for a man's attention. Not to mention, I know what it feels like to be cheated on. Even if they're in that weird in-between phase, that's still not cool.
This past Thursday I went to SB's house for dinner. While I was there, the Ginger called me. He and I have been emailing back and forth the past week or so. He's hot. Even for a ginger. I think Scotland changed me in regards to gingers. Since I went on two dates while I was there with this strawberry-blonde Scottish guy, it made me look at them kinda differently. And when I say ginger, this guy has seriously red hair. So the Ginger asked me out for next week. I said yes. Which prompted SB's sister TR to say, "he's cute!" and SB said, "Gingers have no soul!" I couldn't help but chuckle at that.
Today while I was sitting here feeling bummed about MM being gone and having to kick the Warrior loose, this new guy I've been talking to texted me. I don't know what to think about PO. On one hand, he's a nice guy, definitely interested in me, and reasonably attractive. However, there are some not so good things: he texts like an ignorant teenager. I'm not talking text shorthand. It goes beyond that. I can't even explain it but it drives me crazy. BikerPuppy and Weez can attest to my ridiculous obsession with grammar. Another thing about PO that is a little on the irritating side: he's never traveled. Not even to other states beyond Nevada (Vegas). How could someone not be curious about the world? Or even our country? I know you're all thinking to yourselves, why the hell am I going out with him then? You obviously didn't read a post I wrote a couple months ago titled, "Things You Do When You're Bored".
AC the Air Force guy is also coming home in the next two weeks. Maybe my feast is on it's way, and this famine will take a hike.

2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Red flags for me re PO. How old is this guy? He's never been beyond Nevada? WTF?!

Test for him: date at a truly ethnic restaurant.

Amazon Barbie said...

Since it's for the UFC fight, does Gallagher's the Irish pub count? ..lol...