Monday, September 6, 2010

The power of No?

An interesting, odd and completely crazy thing has been going on the past few weekends. I told LAPD to take a hike like a month ago. I told him I was looking for a relationship, didn't want a booty call, etc. I didn't hear back from him, which was what I expected. Exactly one week later, I get the standard random text message asking me to come over. To which I replied, get lost. Didn't hear back.... for another week. Then the same thing happened again. Random message, I get mad and tell him no. He says something disrespectful about having another girl come over instead. Yep, he went there. Even if the assumption is that both people are seeing others, who the hell throws it in the other person's face? And we weren't even seeing each other! So I tell him he will never have access to my goodies again, that he disrespected me, that he completely disregarded everything I had said. He said he was deleting my number. I said go for it and did the same.
Until the next weekend. When he randomly text messaged again. Even though I had deleted his number, I knew who it was. The request was the same, for me to come over. My response was the same: go call some other stupid broad.
Believe me, I realize me hooking up with him in the first place way back a few months ago wasn't the right thing to do. I realized that weeks ago. I'm just surprised he kept trying. I mean, I said no in so many ways and not too nicely. I called a spade a spade. Which left me completely unprepared for what happened this morning.
I woke up to the random text message. Rather, after AC (a new guy I'm talking to from a dating site who is currently deployed in Afghanistan-due to come home in 6 weeks) called me this morning to say hello. After the phone call I noticed I had a text message, timed at 3am (of course) from LAPD (of course). All it said was "Hi, Silly". I responded at 1030am with "Hi". He responded with, "I don't want you to be thinking I'm a big jerk." WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!  I said, "Well unfortunately there is no evidence to tell me otherwise." He says, "You're a wonderful woman. I guess I really acted like a dick in the past." The past?! A week ago, two weeks ago, three weeks ago, ad nauseum isn't too long ago. The conversation came down to him asking me out on a proper date. I said my disclaimer of not looking for booty, wanting a relationship, I'm in it to win it. He says he won't try anything or even bring up sex. He's up for the challenge. He said there were never any other girls, he was just trying to make me jealous. People, don't worry, I don't actually believe that.
Here is where I depend on my audience. Is this all because I kept turning him down? I kept saying no? I admitted to my mistake of hooking up when I shouldn't have. Why is he now changing his tune? Is this a Hail Mary pass around my No? Am I overthinking and should give it a chance? Again, WTF?!

4 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Boys always want what they can't have!

BikerPuppy said...

Yeah, you turned it into a chase. Still, I'd block him.

Red said...

I think that no matter how hard you try to play it the correct way that you're never gonna get it right because it's just a game and isn't real. If someone needs a "no" to be interested in you then he's not the right guy. Pay attention to the ones that make it clear to you that your feelings are important from the get go. Yes, it means you have fewer options but you only need one and it's that one that's going to give you what you want.

Red said...

Yes, I do realize I'm the biggest hypocrite that ever walked the earth ;-)