Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The New Peter Pan?

So I'm at dinner with SB the other night and she tells me she was supposed to go on a date that very night. The guy told her to call him back to finalize, which she did. The guy doesn't pick up and calls her back hours later, when she's getting ready to meet me for dinner. She tells him she already made other plans. He responds with a chuckle and says, "How about you just make the plans from now on and I'll make myself available?" I didn't know what to say except, "Did you tell him you only went out with big boys?"

Seriously now... is this what its coming to? Men are just phoning it in instead of even making the effort to plan? Have we created a society of pansy-boys? I don't know whether to blame it on society or other women not calling them on it. This goes beyond just the lack of calling when they say they're going to. Obviously SB is going to tell him to get lost, but WTF?!

Is anyone else dealing with immature Peter Pans?

2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Most boys are stupid. I'm bummed that you are meeting so many of the sucky ones.

Anonymous said...

I am the victim of Mr. "make plans and I will make myself available.". Victim... well, a bit of a strong word, being that I don't feel victimized so much as amused.
Let it be noted, before I go on, that I am NOT a man basher, or a ball buster or anything even near that neighborhood.
I do in fact, feel very bummed that some of the so called "feminist revolution", has extracted all the charm of what I consider being, well... A woman!
This is the very core of my conflict, disappointment, exhaustion, and puzzlement.
The man my dear Chrystal refers to, is one of many in the long line of prospects I have come across in the past 6 months after deciding to reenter the scary dating arena.
Hence, the exhaustion portion of my comment.
Date, after date, sometimes after a 12 hour work day, I am convinced I have met EVERY version of Peter Pan: the egocentric, the little boy, the straight out player, the straight out psycho ( we are talking Pd almost had to be called) , the shady, the liar, the "kick back" (which I have discovered is only another word for flake and /or I don't give a shit about you and you will do all the damn work without any reciprocity), the rough around the edges.
Whatever the case may be, I am at a loss. I find myself in a maze of mind games, gimmicks, that puts to shame the most intricate Da Vinci Code!
I am approaching the point of no return, that point in your life in which cinnicism takes the place of hope, and you just shrug and laugh.